Our midwives look after you throughout pregnancy, during labour and delivery, and with ongoing care after the birth. There are proven benefits of continuity of care providers during all stages of the journey to parenthood. Midwifery continuity models are not are not a new concept, but how Kindred delivers care, and the core philosophy behind our team based model, is progressive, responsive and relative to the needs of each individual family.
This new, innovative team-based model of private midwifery is based upon supportive collaboration between midwives and obstetricians with a focus on continuity of care. In other midwifery-lead models, you may have most your care with a midwife but then if you need (or want) input from a doctor at any stage, it would likely be a doctor you don’t know. We have closed that gap, by providing families with all the advantages of continuity care, but with the benefit of a small team of midwives, backed up by known, trusted, and like-minded obstetricians.
Kindred midwifery works alongside our obstetricians to provide collaborative care. This approach allows women and families to enjoy clinical care and support that is relevant to them, without continuity being fractured, no matter the circumstance.
As part of the Kindred midwifery family, you will have access to the following services:
- 24-hour on-call access to a midwife from first appointment, through to six weeks after birth
- regular routine check-ups: fortnightly until 36 weeks, then weekly
- email access for direct but non-urgent questions
- one-on-one care throughout labour and birth
- daily visits while in hospital after the birth
- comprehensive in-home postnatal visits
- ongoing support into parenthood with feeding clinics, self-service baby weigh facilities and parents’ groups.
Kindred midwifery families have two routine appointments with the obstetrician during pregnancy. The on-call obstetrician is available at all times during the pregnancy and labour should they be required.
Kindred midwives work as private clinicians and therefore all care during pregnancy and the postnatal period attracts a Medicare rebate.
Request a booking
or call 07 3188 7916